RE: directory names

Title: RE: directory names

This DOS discrepancy thing is VERY interesting. I'm working on an NT machine and it too has long-filename capability in it's emulated DOS. But shelling-out to DOS from XY...there's no LFNs...?

It must mean that XY has a version of DOS built-into it, because there's no different source anywhere on this computer. Anybody know for sure?

The only other possibility I can think of is that because XY can't handle LFNs, it may be that when you shell-out from there you're "seeing through" a XY filter and are still limited by XY...or something along those lines.

(one other point...it'll never be "real" DOS on an emulating OS...just an earlier version...unfortunately)

-Brian H