Re: Bare Bones SmartWords

Frank Kenneth B. wrote:

> SW does not have to run on a Win 95 machine, although it performs
> significantly better there. An upper level 486 or virtually any Pentium
> should be fine.

Good news. I think it the height of arrogance when developers require you to have
the latest equipment to run their software.

> As to disk space, including the on-line command reference and help
> files, I would guess it would weigh in at around 15mb, but I could be
> off there. I'll give you a better idea before we make it available.

Quite reasonable, especially since Gateway, e.g., is now offering standard issue
machines w/ > 2.6 gig of hard disk space, I do believe and top of the line models
come with 5. (Oh excuse me: that was last month's PC Magazine--must be 6 by now.)

> Missle tracking is an interesting application. Who knows...

Yes. You can find good shareware missile tracking programs from
saddam@xxxxxxxx

Or so I am told.

> K.
> --