Using XPL to read keystrokes [was Re: Alt Enter]

Reply to note from "Morris Krok"  Fri, 9 Aug
2002 14:24:08 -0700

> In Xy3 I have written a program that monitors the key strokes
> but does not seem to have any control over the cursor keys. In
> fact they no longer function and I have to use special savegets
> for the cursor left and right movement. The same problem exists
> when this program is used in Xy4.

Not clear what you mean by a lack of control over the cursor keys.
When you press a cursor key, does the cursor move or not? What
response from the cursor keys are you looking for? You can write
the program so that the cursor keys respond normally, don't respond
(the cursor stays put), or do something else entirely, e.g., the
left-arrow (CL) keystroke in DEFTO$, which DeFines a block from the
cursor position to the next occurrence of a specified string.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx