Re: Shift key naming

Carl Distefano wrote:

> Reply to note from  Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:29:29 +0100
>
> > When I renamed SHIFT to SHFT, though, Xy behaved oddly when the
> > Page-up and End keys were pressed, acting as if the F1 `define'
> > key had been pressed.
>
> Hmmm, I've never heard of that happening. Are you using a laptop?

No, a desktop

> All bets are off with laptop keyboards. The OpSys may be a factor
> as well.

MSDos 6.20
I haven't tried it in a (Win98se) dos box.

> > Did I read somewhere that Xy4Dos is not too co-operative over
> > having the Tab key as a shift key?
>
> I'm able to, but YMMV. It's not enough, BTW, to name the Tab key as
> a shifting key in the KEYS stanza. You also have to comment out any
> existing Tab key assignments with semi-colons.

I've had them that way since the start. The only assignment concerning
the Tab key is the one in the KEYS stanza. (I transferred a set of
assignments that has worked for years in 3.55.)

> --
> Carl Distefano
> cld@xxxxxxxx

What are the symptoms Xy4 is likely to exhibit? Something specific or
just malfunctioning? (No error messages I presume.)

Thanks Carl
John