Re: Running Xy on Mac or PC?

Harry,

≪The 13" Macbook Pro I bought (in Feb.) has one port that you can make
either sound input or sound output, rather than having one for each.≫

Is it really only half-duplex, or was it designed for a headphone+mic
combo (i.e. full-duplex)?

Many people complained that the AirBook too had too few ports (only one
USB port, for example). The whole idea behind the AirBook was to make a
very compact kit, but having to attach external devices (USB hubs,
external CD/DVD drive etc.) sort of defeated the purpose. Depends on who
your market is, I guess. Check the specs before you buy.

I'm a little surprised that you're doing word processing on a 13"
notebook (Mac or otherwise)--notebook monitors and keyboards are both
generally undersized for serious word processing. Most of us XyWriters
would miss the separate num-pad, I'm sure. I know I would, as I've
redefined most of the num-pad key functions in my *.kbd file (many of
them utilizing some of your own (or Carl's) code).

≪CDs often do not eject, and there's no little hole to manually eject
them.≫ Pressing and holding the eject button doesn't work?

≪Shortly after buying it, one of my ports wasn't working--motherboard
had to be replaced (which involved a wait). ≫ Chit happens to Dells and
HPs too. Unlike car engines, which should be broken in gradually,
computers should be stress-tested as soon as you get them home. If
electronics are going to fail, you want them to fail during the warranty
period.

Cheers,