Re: How many of us are there left?

Just recently moved to Vim (a nod to Russ U. for the nudge) where I am
happy as I've ever been with Xy. Essentially it's the same idea --
plain-text writing and editing, which really is no longer exotic or
arcane, since it's how programmers work. Took some adjusting to get used
to a few of the keystrokes -- it's still hard for me not to start
marking text with F1, I may have to figure out how to remap that -- but
after a day or two I was perfectly comfortable, not much different than
switching to saxophone from clarinet. Simple integration with the system
keyboard plus lots of other Linuxy things
(free-as-in-beer-as-well-as-speech certainly among them), thousands if
not millions of plug-ins (thanks to a burgeoning and industrious Vim
cult), potential for extreme customization, powerful search/replace. And
a cool name.
It's been vicariously exciting to see Xy users liberated the last few
months, but I've moved on. Like all of us, I owe a debt of gratitude to
Carl (and RJH, and everyone here) whose work in XPL still fills me with
awe -- their labor, and this community, largely made it possible for me
to use Xy for thirty years. A tip of the cap to y'all for all the wisdom
& entertainment.

-rafe