Re: Xy4 & NB

Thanks for the review. That pretty much kills the NB route for many of us, especially those who are still attached to Xy3.

Sent from Flash's iPad

On 20 Apr 2018, at 05:37, frank brownlow mailto:fbrownlo@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I am not nearly as savvy a user as most of you.  I’m just a scholar-writer. I use NB as a Windows version of XY4, which is what it is, with a few changes and a few bells and whistles that are sometimes useful, but not all that often.  It leaves a good deal to be desired, and as a word-processor is no improvement on XY4—or even Signature.  Since we no longer have the printf command, we have to use something like PDF factory Pro to make .pdfs instead of Adobe’s Distiller, and so can’t use XY4’s fully scaleable types. Embedding fonts is a pain in the neck, too, and as for moving from NB to, say, HTML, forget it.

 I would love to have a new, Windows-based Xy4, but I’m not expecting one, and believe me, NB, although rather pricey, isn’t it.