Fwd: Re: RC and RD

I sent this earlier, but I didn't see it on the list. Let's try again.

==========================
shawn_harrison@xxxxxxxx
==========================

James Besser said:
≪My biggest problem: in XyWrite I want the delete key to both delete the
character at the cursor when no text is defined, and delete a defined
block.

Setting 83=rc,rd, it works, but when nothing is selected, I get an
annoying "must select block" message, followed by an even more
aggravating pause It deletes the character at the cursor, but the delay
after that is very annoying. And if I want to delete a series of
characters without defining anything, it's a real problem.

I tried reversing the order--rd,rc. No difference.

Is there any way to do this?≫

Here's my rough and ready program to do the job (it only works with a
full define block or none -- you get an error with a half-define):

	BC CC ==1)>RD RC

Basically, it first tests for a defined block. If there is one, it
removes it. Otherwise, it removes a character. The test variable, va$df,
doesn't distinguish between full and partial define. But, of course, you
can't RD a partial define -- thus the error. Perhaps our more witty XPL
programmers here can crack this nut.

You can either load this into your kbd file or you can put the program as
a separate file in your xy directory and call that from the kbd file. A
copy of the "real" XPL code is attached.

Good luck!

shawn_harrison@xxxxxxxx