Re: NB Scholars Workstation

Peregrine@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm new to this list, but have used XyWrite since 1985 or '86. DOS versions
> only.
> I'm downloading the NB demo as I write this, in spite of the scurrilous
> remarks aimed squarely at Anne Putnam and her cohorts in recent days.

Quite so. Scurrilous they are and surely unjustified.

> Seems
> to me that XyWrite users ought to have become accustomed to waiting for
> upgrades that never come, and might be just a tad grateful that somebody is
> making any effort in the direction of enhancing this great software.

Indeed. I am delighted that it is a living, breathing product. But let us be fair
to Ken Frank, as he once again departs in order to pursue negotiations that will
lead Junior Griffey to Camden Yards next season (you didn't _really_ believe him
when he told you we _wasn't_ interested in the Orioles GM job, did you?), Tech
Group, I am sure, did a lot of the developmental work on the new and improved
Windows version that Nota Bene has trotted out so successfully.

> But
> we're a surly bunch, or we'd have given up the quest for the Grail long ago.

Which is why you shall not find it. Surliness will only impede your quest. Purity
of heart is required.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
212-666-1000 x7109 (phone) 212-316-3100 (fax)