From: rrr@xxxxxxxx [mailto:rrr@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 1999 10:17 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: installation problem

>Is there a way around the situation? (It seems to me that each windows
>upgrade is exponentially worse than its predecessor!) I have ordered
>the beta version of Smart Words, but, after chatting with George, I
>don't expect to receive it until mid-summer.
>My apology for sounding off & for being so long-winded.
>In advance: I thank you.
>-Catlyn

There is a convoluted procedure to install XYwin under Win9x. Basically,
you have to go to "safe mode" and disable all Windoze drivers first.
G. Bushmann from TTG sent me a printout of step-by-step instructions
once of how to do this; surely you can get the same thing. Still, it
is a major pain to do this, and I surely hope TTG has improved the
installation for PhantomWords.

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone,
--it means just what I choose it to mean - nothing more nor less."
--(Lewis Caroll). "I didn't inhale." (W. Clinton)