Re: A Real puzzler

"Robert Holmgren"  wrote:

> >  P.S.: ;-) Is a smile and a wink.
>
> Umm... says who? says where? This is not a convention I know.
> I doesn't LOOK like a smile and a wink. It looks like an error!

You mean to say, Robert, that in all your years at sea (on the ocean of
the net) you have never come across sideways smileys before? Frankly,
I'm amazed. I'm not fond of them myself, and of the more recent
all-singing all-dancing graphic variety even less, but it must have been
_very_ hard to avoid them altogether since, oh 1982:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~sef/Orig-Smiley.htm

Wolfgang Bechstein
bechstein@xxxxxxxx