RTF conversion

Robert Holmgren wrote:
> Here's a simple, effective method which you can undertake yourself,
> For converting XyWrite files to MSWord.
>
> Grab these two files:
>
> Http://www.Tgrp.Com/DownLoad/Utils_Drivers/misc/W4W17F.EXE
> Http://www.Tgrp.Com/DownLoad/Utils_Drivers/misc/W4W19T.EXE
> Then...
> W4W17F.EXE xydoc.Fil /N /V2
> W4W19T.EXE rtfdoc.Rtf /N /V0

Robert,
I often need to convert files in RTF format. Generally I use the "Save As"
menu from Xy Win; the resulting file is formatted RTF, but:
- many words are broken by an intermediate space; this happens only if at
the very beginning of the original file there are formatting commands (at
least the my ones, which merely are a SaveStile and an UseStile);
- if the initial formatting commands are removed (I do this before to start
the conversion), the resulting file is "words correct" but it needs the
page format to be modified, as the result is a new page for each line. So
in Word I have to modify the page margins (that, after the conversion,
appear as: top 2.54 cms, bottom 31.6 cms), setting the bottom margin at a
more convenient value.

After your message, I tried the Dos commands you explained, using the exe
filters in place of the DLLs that are used by Xy Win. The result is a
little bit better: in fact I no more need to check the converted file with
Word to correct the margins; but still remains the fact that, if the
original file contained initial formatting commands, many words are
corrupted by unwanted spaces.
Is, the above, an inconvenience for me only, or other people have
the same problem?

Thanks in advance

Adriano Ortile
ortile@xxxxxxxx