Re: Various virtual machines compared

My VirtualPC 2007 balked at Win 3.11 and DOS 6. Wouldn't run them. That might be my installation error. But when I did get Windows 98 running under it, communication with Windows 7 was agonizingly slow--something Ed Mendelson also complains about with his Wordperfect DOS workarounds. Whereas XP Mode is instant.

I see why Harry wants Tame. It makes XY's display a lot more flexible with fonts, window sizes,
number of lines onscreen and other customizations we weren't expecting back in the DOS days.

I'm still having intermittent cursor arrow-key movement problems and am trying to figure out what
triggers them, but otherwise Tame under XP Mode runs smoothly for me.

Jon Pareles