Re: UNDO

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on
Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:18:56 -0400

Other good keys to use, in addition to ScrollLock:

        UnDoKeys
XyWrite Key #  ScanCode
-------------  --------
55 Numpad "*"  6A
74 Numpad "-"  6D
78 Numpad "+"  6B

E.g. "UnDoKeys=6A"
then put $T on every occurrence of the selected key # (e.g.
"55=$T") in *every* TABLE. Turn Tame OFF! Use dummy files, not
[UNTITLED] windows, for testing purposes (because UNTITLED
windows require lots of extra handling).

Using new 7/12 frames:
In frame UNDO,REDO after sole occurrence of , insert
"BX remove Q2 ", thus:

...BX remove Q2 >...

then LOADHELP. Restart XyWrite. (I just updated the
ZIPfile, so if you DL the ZIPfile now, this correction is
already there.)

> Must be some Read Only issue.

Maybe. Maybe not. I can't remember the last time I saw "Access
Denied" -- but I suppose if that's the problem, it's much more
likely to happen on the C: drive than any other (because Windows
protects large portions of C: -- I put NOTHING on the C: drive,
I give the whole thing to Windows to do what it wants -- poke a
few key files into system32 for global access, and that's pretty
much it). Look in Windows Explorer (My Computer): is the
Read-Only box checked for C:\XY? is it checked for C:\XY\UD?
What's the value of VA/NV $NW? Are you using a recent U2?
If not, you must.

UnDo works quite well here now. Smooth and unobtrusive, if you
stay away from Shifting keys... when I get the problems with
shift keys resolved, I'll let you know. But for now, no
shifting keys.

R.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx