Control key problems with vDosXy?

My only negative experience with vDosXy has been that every now and
then when I use the backspace key, the control key seems to get
engaged, and whole lines, rather than characters, get deleted. This
is a new behavior which I have not hitherto noticed in any
virtualization scenario. I am not sure yet whether it is something to
do with vDos or whether I have developed some new manual clumsiness,
so I put the question - - have others noticed anything similar? I
would like to emphasize that I am far from ruling out my own clumsiness.