the guest OS is W2K? I don't know if that's been resolved or not. But
Carl has been using Win 7 as the guest OS. I would bet that W2K would be
perceptibly faster but have not made the comparison.

At 03/10/2014 20:59, you wrote:
No, I don't think that was it.  Maybe something that Kari had pointed out . . . ?

   Jordan

From: Carl Distefano
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 3, 2014 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: VirtualBox update

Jordan:

> But, wasn't there some _other_ major issue that had been cited here ?
>
> (Or am I thinking of VMWare ?)

The only issue I have with VBox -- and it's small potatoes -- is that
while Alt-Enter switches XyWrite INTO VBox's virtual full-screen
display, hitting Alt-Enter again doesn't toggle BACK to windowed view;
it causes XyWrite to freeze. I've devised a simple XPL workaround -- a
routine that calls U2's SAVESESS to save the state of my full-screen
XyWrite session, QUITs, then restarts XyWrite in windowed mode and
restores my editing session. It works, but I miss the simplicity of
the Alt-Enter toggle.

--
Carl Distefano
mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx