Re: Virus

At 12:27 PM 2/4/01 -0500, Michael Norman wrote:
>For the record, I received the hahaha virus today, with the usual
>snow-white and dwarfs paragraph message. Norton Antivirus caught and
>deleted it right away. I can not, of course, say where this came from. I
>only belong to one list, this one, but that's hardly an indication. At all
>events, the folks on this list might want to run virus checks on this
>machines. I scanned mine three times before sending this.

It can come from anybody who has your address in her address book; no
particular reason to suspect the mailing list.
And the "snow-white" message is not anymore usual than the dozen or so
other messages which this particular virus (usually called "Hybris-G"
produces at random).
Just fwiw

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)