RE: Your two questions [was Re: XyWrite hangs on quitting]

Title: RE: Your two questions [was Re: XyWrite hangs on quitting]

-----Original Message-----
From: cld@xxxxxxxx [mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx]

>It's XyWrite 4 for DOS.  It has an expanded command set, an optional menu interface
>(in addition to the command line), scalable Speedo fonts for printing and display,
>can edit big files (up to 4 Megabytes)

Carl, is the 4 Meg limit the "factory spec". I've found the limit with 3.55 and 4.016 to be 7.4 Meg (thank goodness...half the files I work with every day are over 4 Meg).

I actually installed my unused copy of Xy4 the other day hoping it would handle files BIGGER than the 7.4 meg limit I'd found with 3.55...no such luck, of course.

Brian H.
(brian.henderson@xxxxxxxx)