Soft return

Patricia wrote:

> ...Has anyone any ideas about if, and if so, how, it would be possible to
> supply XyW with something analogous to WordPerfect's hyhenation soft
> return? That is, a code or character that would permit a line to break at
> a given point without either a space or a hyphen?

I'm not so sure to have focalized the problem. Anyway, may be one of the
following options can help:
1. Insert soft hyphens in a word, so that that word will be hyphenated at
one of the wanted points when it reaches the right margin. The soft hyphen
character in XyWrite is, by default, the "tilde".
2. Insert a soft return (shift-return, by default) at the desired point: the
line will break exactly at the point you inserted that character.
In both of the above, the justification is preserved.

Adriano Ortile
ortile@xxxxxxxx