Re: Stay or go

Well, I'm sorry to see Carl's patience tried this way. He is 1) one of
the nicest, 2) perhaps the most knowledgeable, and 3) certainly the most
helpful person on this list. It should go without saying he does most of
the heavy lifting around here, whether it's maintaing the list, or
updating the freeware he writes and which he supports here. I can't
blame him for being aggravated when he's accused of foisting "a xyWWWeb
service" or for driving away subscribers with "scorn." And to invoke
unknown legions of XyWin users who've fled the list is preposterous at
best.

In the event, if I recall, he was hardly knocking Xy III so much as
saying that moving to Xy IV has 1) certain objective advantages for many
people, and 2) can be made to look and behave pretty much exactly like Xy
III. I'm not exactly sure what the complaint was, but I'm not really
seeing any demonizing here, especially since it was about solving
someone's problem.

-Ray Tennenbaum
www.ray-field.com