U2 frame {DR} trouble

Hi all,

Back at you with another problem; thanks to Carl's help (Harry offered help also, thank you) I have solved a display issue queried about two days ago.

This one involves the dr frame which I find indispensable for file and directory navigation within XY4.018. Here's the trouble: evoking dr brings the full listing of files and directories (based on an empty argument at the command line, ie, dr) as advertised; yet jumping to the alphanumeric character beginning a file or directory name no longer works. That is, the cursor does not move. The up and down arrow keys still do work for navigation, and then, surprisingly, no shifting key is required to, say, call the file (or change to the directory). All I have to do is press "c" for the file to be called, not "shift-c," as if the shifted state is already in the keyboard buffer, if there is such a thing (non-expert trying to sound knowledgeable).

This behavior seemed to start after I had installed the UNDO complex, so I commented out the required commands in http://STARTUP.INT to disable it, which solved the annoyance of a buildup of .TMF files in the , but had no effect on the the dr problem. I do not know how the problem has developed, as it worked fine for the whole span of time since installing U2 v.119 two years or so ago. Also, a dosbox iteration of XY4.018, crippled as it is on my i86 Mac, works dr fine.

Any suggestions, comments, shouts, appreciated.

Fred Weiner