Nota Bene

Dear XyWrite users,

Good news and more good news from Nota Bene! Here’s the latest:

(1) Dave Erickson has joined forces with Nota Bene! Dave, of course,
is the programmer/developer who originally wrote XyWrite. He is
pursuing a number of interests and one of them is Nota Bene! He is now
a shareholder in our company and he’s working with us to make Nota Bene
the very best word processor in the world.

(2) We are committed to continuing to develop this remarkable word
processor and we care about the needs of XyWriters. As noted in a
recent posting to this list, we have freed up as many of the hard-coded
keys as we could as a result of your requests. We plan to continue
improving our program in a way that we hope will be of interest to you,
and to your friends and colleagues. Nota Bene for Windows offers fast
keyboard control, a command line, an editable expanded view, XyWrite
style define, a customizable keyboard, the ability to run XPL programs,
the familiar XyWrite commands and much more. A demo can be downloaded
from our web site.

(3) We want you to join forces with us too! If you haven’t already
purchased Nota Bene, we hope that you will. We normally offer XyWrite
users special "competitive upgrade" prices. But until August 31, we are
offering you an even greater discount -- $250 off of our list price!

The special prices until August 31, 2001 are:

Scholar’s Workstation: $199 (list $449)
Lingua Workstation: $299 (list $549)

Scholar’s Workstation includes the word processor, a multifile text
retrieval program (Orbis) and a database program designed for
bibliographic databases and adaptable for any database (Ibidem and
IbidPlus). Lingua Workstation includes Scholar’s Workstation and adds
support for Hebrew, Greek and Cyrillic.

You can order by calling 1-800-4NB-ORDER (1-800-462-6733) or
212-334-0445 or by using a special secure order that we have set up for
XyWrite users and their friends. You must mention XyWrite when you
order, and order by August 31. The secure order form is available at
the following URL:

https://www.notabene.com/secure/order_forms/xywrite.html

Thanks for your interest and support!

Anne Putnam