Re: Memorizing/Returning to Cursor Position

Carl's idea of putting the visible marker in an NT or LB delta is
interesting, but I am too simple-minded to understand how a SE
command is going to find a note or label by its content it if you
are working on pseudo-WYSIWYG-substitute mode. Carl may reply
that no sane person would want to use that mode in XYDOS. I use
both XYDOS and XYWIN, and, with a very few unavoidable
exceptions, use the same commands, including keyboard commands,
for both. In the latter, I usually work in
pseudo-WYSIWYG-substitute mode.

If you try ASCII 223, you will find it quite visible by itself.
The point of using visible bookmarks is to keep them visible no
matter what mode you are working in.

But I have a feeling that I have missed the point of Carl's
contribution, and look forward to his clarifying it.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science