RX Function Call

   Thanks, Carl. I suspected something was fishy about RX's role in my
   Search discovery. I've taken your advice and revised my Control key to
   use BX to self-execute the SE call. You're right about the problem
   with the Continue command, but I never use that anyway. And if I do, I
   can still use the self-executing SE first, then manually invoke F9 to
   advance to other instances in the text since the SE /word/ remains on
   the Command Line.

   To clarify, using the Next command numerous times to go from file to
   file has no adverse effect on the subsequent search within the file
   opened.

   Thanks again for your help, Carl.

   jim eberle  jeberle@xxxxxxxx