Re: violation

Reply to note from "Morris Krok"  Fri, 27 Sep
2002 16:52:52 -0700

Morris:

> very often when pressing a key, I get the prompt message "There
> is no macro assigned". I wonder if anyone would no why this
> happens.

It means that there is no text or program assigned to the pressed
key; more precisely, that the Save/Get associated with that key in
the KBD file is uninitialized. Ordinary KBD-file Save/Gets are in
the form @X, where X is a letter or number, but the same error
results if you try to execute an uninitialized ampersand-type
Save/Get, &X, or, in XPL, a numbered Save/Get (e.g., if your program
attempts  without first assigning content with ). In
Xy3 the error message is "No Save Get".

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx