Re: Underline, italic, etc. in vDosXy

Reply to note from Edward Mendelson  Sun, 30
Nov 2014 19:32:51 -0500

> Set Underline to 113.
>
> Set Italic to 30.
>
> [...]
>
> You should now experiment with other color settings (e.g. Bold
> Italic). I hope someone more expert in XyWrite comes up with a
> full set of color settings.

With WP=5 (or WP=6), I get ®MD253¯Underlining®MDNM¯ with ®MD113¯MoDes
113®MDNM¯ and ®MD253¯253®MDNM¯,®MD30¯

Italics®MDNM¯ with MoDe 30, and ®MD172¯Bold Underlining®MDNM¯ with
®MD172¯MoDes 172®MDNM¯ and ®MD249¯249®MDNM¯.
These settings work in a monochrome display (although the
background color for underlining and italics is dark blue, not
black). They also work nicely with my usual beige on dark blue
background set in CONFIG.TXT (photo).

I can't, however, find a numeric MoDe setting that produces on-
screen ®MDBU¯Bold Italics®MDNM¯.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx