From: flash
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: Windows 10 considerations

Y'all,

Two things have caught my attention since upgrading to W10 from 8.1:

1. It is not sufficient to turn off everything there is to turn off
(auto-updates, Contara etc.). I did that, and the machine still
contacts the mother ship every time the machine boots. It even ignores
the hosts file pointing to 127.0.0.1 for the Microsoft update server
and continues to contact that server. Pfui.

2. Since having upgraded, I have received spam from microsoft, though
I am quite sure I never provided them with my private eddress. It can
only have come from the the upgrade process having 'spied' on my email
account settings in T'bird. Pfui!