Re: PostScript de faqto [was "Re: `Kerning?'"]

Lee Hickling:

I regularly produce camera copy for books and journal articles using
XY4 and XW4. My copies of the programs happen to be highly
customized, but that is for my convenience. I can't think of anything
WYSIWYG, including tables, columns, and the placement of scanned
illustrations, that I couldn't have done using the program right out
of the box. I don't use a DTP program because I don't need it. No
doubt if I published in _Wired_ I would. But for rather old-fashioned
layout, I would say that my output looks better than what I have seen
in a number of newsletters that use elaborate software.

--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science