xywin: moving selected text to command line

As I move more and more from Notabene to XyWIN (for my office
writing) I find I need to do things in XyWIN I do without
thinking in NB. I've altered the xywin keyboard to make the
function keys (and some others) act like NB, but somethings don't
seem to work, and the maunual doesn't seem to have the answers.

Do any of you xywriters select text and move it to the command
line, for instance to construct a search or change string? In NB
4.2 I can select text (including tabs and crlf markers) toggle to
the command line, and press Grey +. That inserts the selected
text on the command line. It doesn't work in XYW and I can't find
the key combo that will. The secret would be appreciated.

Allan Needell, Dept. of Space History, Nat'l Air & Space Museum
   Smithsonian Institution, MRC 311, Washington, DC 20560 i:
nassh100@xxxxxxxx; b: nassh100@sivm; CServe: 71461,1115
      tel 202/357-2828; fax 202/786-2947