Re: OT: Who said it?

David Auerbach wrote:
On Sep 8, 2006, at 3:14 PM, Flash wrote:
≪To express my feelings adequately, I should have to use the kind of language I don't use.≫
Patricia, have you been dabbling in Wittgenstein? ("Whereof we cannot
speak, thereof we must be silent.")

Some philosopher (maybe Fodor) added: "and you can't whistle it either."
Yes but weren't they talking about not being able to
speak in the sense of not knowing, or not knowing or
understanding something sufficiently, to say anything
worth saying? Whereas I was simply caught between
furious indignation and my convent-school upbringing
that says ladies don't use words like that.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx