Re: Error and correction beeps

> Patricia M Godfrey wrote:
>
> Does anyone know how exactly Xy interacts with a sound card to
> produce error and correction beeps?

Dunno. But I have the same problem as you - sound ok under Windows, not
under Dos. (If I remember correctly, sound works under straight dos,
not in programs running in it.) I've tried a number of things (like
putting a Sound blaster compatible variable in the environment ..)

The motherboard has an integrated sound card.

I've ended just accepting it.

Incidentally, to get a beep in a batch file, there's no need for a
program.  Adding an ascii 7 character to a message will give one, (the
7 being entered via the alt key plus the numeric keypad). Equally, in
an XPL program, displaying that character will result in a beep.
John