Re: Showing value of a s/g

Robert wrote:
Could you be more specific about the problem with Xy <==> NB
programming?
I'd rather not, at this stage, because I need to . . . well . . . STRUGGLE
(per your advice). I'm also in the middle of implementing your video on
making NB 8 into Xy-New-Millenium.
 What you MUST do when you CAll files with
high-order characters in NB is use CA/100. Obviously, (almost)
all XPL has high-order characters in it (>127). If you open
something like U2 in NB even just ONCE without using CA/100, and
you then change and SAve/STore U2, you have trashed it totally.
Yes, I saw your post some time ago on that. Didn't know it applied to all
files. But I assume that once you are working with only NB-created files in
NB, you can call them any old way. In this connection, I tried to paste
into NB a RHA from a Xy document, and it didn't work--produced only
one-byte guillemets.
And how on earth can you read NB's tiny, gray, guillemets in NB's "codes"
mode? You said earlier that it was no problem, but maybe you have some
different kind of display from what I have. A screen shot of mine is attached.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx