Re: Conversion from Xywrite 3.55 to Word

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Fri, 6 Feb 1998 15:31:41 -0500

> Sorry, I'm having the same comprehension problem. How does one "execute" an
> executable file? I'm using XyWrite 4.017, BTW.

Apparently you missed the grand experience of DOS. (It was an 80s thing.) If a
DOS file had an .EXTension "EXE" -- for example, "EDITOR.EXE", which is the
filename for XyWrite -- that meant that it was an EXEcutable file. A program
that did something, as distinct from a data file (all non-.EXE
and non-.COMpiled files). To "run" it, you went to a DOS command prompt and
typed:

[d:\XY4\]editor

That launched or EXEcuted the bloody thing.

I'm using XyWrite 4.017 too. Pretty good word processor.