Re: Getting Xy4Dos Up & Running on T61 with XP-Pro

Peter Goldberger wrote:
Since following Robert's suggestion (like Carl's, and Harry's) didn't affect the problem I'm having

Did you try Harry's suggestion of
>getting a DOS prompt, CD-ing to C:\Xy4 and launching EDITOR.EXE from there.<
? Because I'm having the same problem with dBase5 for DOS on my
XP box: flashes on screen, then closes. Happens whether I launch
from a pif (where the VDM is under command.com) or a lnk (under
cmd.exe), but opens and stays open if I do the DOS prompt, CD,
program name routine.
dBase has a file analogous to startup.int, config.db, which is
called (if it exists) whenever dBase is launched. So that is not
what is gumming up the works: config.db is config.db, whether
dBase is launched from a pif, a lnk, or a command at the c:\ (or
in my case d:\dbase) prompt.
Unfortunately, I cannot be sure whether dBase was running OK on
this setup before or not. (I've been hopping about among 4
systems and 5 opsyses for the past month, so I cannot recall what
I did where). But I think it was. Which would argue some Windows
weirdness is to blame.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx