Re: Staying with XP after April 8 2014 (was Win 7 vs Win 8)

I'm sticking with XP Mode on my Windows 7 computer, because it's working, but I'm contemplating a Win 8.1 computer, so I have also been testing VMware with Win 2k SP4 on the Windows 7 machine.

Editor is running in Win 2K--with TAME, by the way.

But I can't get to the Microlytics thesaurus. (CTRL-T key sends command SY.) Error: "The NTVDM
CPU has encountered an illegal instruction."

Also not working is clipboard in and out of the virtual machine. VMWare says it does this with
VMWare Tools installed, but I can't make it work with Carl's Clip.exe or the workaround I installed
(and have forgotten the mechanism of) on Win7. Any thoughts?

By the way, if you can make it work, TAME does offer a lot of enjoyable screen display options--more
fonts (though only mono fonts work very well), bold or italic variations (on some computers I've
used bold for more readability), etc. Even Lucida Console, full-screen.

Jon Pareles