Re LFN Utilities for Win32

I've been following all this with great interest, though--alas--I've not
had a chance to DO anything yet. Sorry. Deadlines, feuds, general ado and
carfuffle. But Manuel and Carlo aren't alone. I have a directory on my
data drive called-- wait a minute. Last time I tried to send accented
characters here, the UPenn listserve had a fit. It's titled with the
French for "play of wit." And I just finished reminding my colleagues on
the EFA Board that the word résumé (we'll see how that gets through)
needs its accents to distinguish it from "resume." So even in the
monoglot wasteland that is the 21st-century USA, we do sometimes need
accents. I should suspect XyWriters, mostly a literate lot, even more so
than the average run of academics.

That said in deference to the shade of my polyglot father, it should not
be beyond the capabilities of those of us who use accents to keep them
out of file and directory names or cope with what happens if we don't.
Robert has already given us a marvelous tool (for which three cheers and
a tiger!), and shouldn't have to bother with such arcane and recondite
minutiae.

Patricia