Re: file management with XyDos and DOS & UNIX

Mimi Gauthier LeBien wrote:

> I would appreciate the link to the URL for the ZTree, if that's what you
> were talking about.

Mimi,

I think I was more referring to the URL I just got from a news-List:

 http://www.warpvirtual.net/index_eng.htm

This is from a company in Germany. I only skimmed this quickly the first
time, and thought their solution was coming in from the Unix side, but it
seems to be based from the eCS side (Ecomstation is the successor to OS/2).
No matter. This description sounds an awful lot like Connectix | VPC, which
marketed a selection of Client ( = Guest ) emulation layers, to be run on a
variety of different Host OS platforms. I know there was, for example, a
Linux emulation layer offered for Win-32, or for OS/2. Very likely, there
were emulation layers they could sell you for running under Linux. Other
flavors of Unix, I'm not sure. The large buzzing fly in this ointment is that
MicroSquish bought out Connectix, I'm guessing for long-range nefarious
purposes. (Robert expressed similar thoughts.) Therefore, I'd say that anyone
wanting a Connectix product, maybe get 'em while the getting is good. If the
company of this URL has products that *duplicate* the functionality of the VPC
offerings, so much the better.

In regard to the ZTree file managers (a U.S. made product), they can be found
at

 http://www.ztree.com/

Jordan