Re: DOS commands

Reply to note from Jay McNally  Sun, 20 Jan 2002
18:34:48 -0500

> I don't recall the command, but in out-of-the-box XyWrite, it
> is Shift+F2.

In my copy of XY4.KBD it's Ctrl-Shift-F2. Shift-F2 has func SV,
which wouldn't SaVe "multiple, noncontiguous blocks of text"; each
succeeding block would overwrite the last. To add multiple blocks
of text to a Save/Get, you need func AD.

The Jumbo U2 has a pair of routines, APPSG and PRESG, that expand on
func AD. AD only appends text to "ordinary" Save/Gets, 0-9 or A-Z,
and then only if the Save/Get has been previously initialized.
APPSG also appends to Save/Gets 100-1999, including uninitialized
Save/Gets. PRESG adds DeFined text at the beginning of the
Save/Get, i.e., PREpends it.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx