Further to K-mac's problem...

Sorry, K-mac -- I should have noticed that you're using XyWin. But further
to your conversion blues, I generate a fair amount of wordage in TV
lipsynch translations for language dubbing, which have a very specific
format (43 characters in 12 pt Courier constitutes a 'line', the unit for
which voice artists are paid, so it has to be spot on).

A studio in Germany complained about Word 6-converted-from-Xy3+ files
(especially tabs) coming out all higgledy-piggledy, even though they were
perfect at the Johannesburg end. So, with a heavy heart I inflicted the
task of learning Word 6 on my excellent casual typist. After she had
mastered it, she began to ask for more money because Word 6 is so slow,
with its pathetic version of save-gets, compared to Xy3+ (this is something
publishers haven't woken up to yet -- Word wastes time). And boy, do you
need save gets for the characters in a drama script!!

The solution was to find out what page set up and paragraph formatting
details were being used by translators who originated in Word. When these
are set up correctly, a Xy3+ text simply flows into the mould, including
hanging indents; all she has to do in Word is insert page numbers and
delete the Xy3 formatting triangles at the beginning. All's well that ends
well; everyone is happy including the blissfully ignorant studio (which has
commended me for abandoning my obsolete word processor!)

So the answer might lie in carefully preparing the target processor to
receive the Xy3 text. I realise this might not be the case with XyWin,
which I've never used. Does it export Xy3 files?

By the by, if anyone can help... Since last week I can't call up my C:
directory in Xy3, even though the A: directory is fine. Does this mean that
my editor.exe is frayed at the edges, or is there a simple solution?

Cheers,

Tom Learmont.