Re: XyWhere?

>Anyway, back to cases, I'm consumed by a project that requires
>Windows95 (in preparation for shifting it to NT) and am not
>experiencing problems with Win95. Plus I'm developing a comfort
>zone with '95 that I'm finding rather agreeable. Unlike Andy Glass
>who won't share his secret for getting younger with each passing
>year, I'm getting older. I'm not averse to a few comforts.

 My response to this and your original query concerning whether to learn Xy4
or stick to Xy3 until the next upgrade:
 Xy4 is one notch better than Xy3. Whether you'll notice the difference
depends a lot on what you use it for. (As I've said before, for my uses
having wildcard search and replace is nifty--plus I like being able to have
a little bit of Wysywig at the END of my writing, just to have a nice 24pt
headline, for instance).
 Also, the incompatibilities with Xy3 re XPL etc. are minor, but minor
incompatibilities add up when what you want is to be able to bang out the
product and not find a little glitch at the last minute on every fifth document.
  So what I'm saying, bottom line, is: if you really think you'll be moving
to Xy5 or whatever in no more than 6 months, don't bother to move from 3.5x
to 4.016. Xy4 is not a quantum leap from Xy3. It's worth the move to Xy4 if
you don't mind fussing a little with it and/or you expect to use it for a
year or more.
  Xy4 runs beautifully in a Windows95 DOS box (as would Xy3). I tried
Xy4Win with Windows 3.1 and found it tedious and pointless. I know that
others run Xy4Win and like it better, but I don't think anyone loves it.
  One man's opinion,

     Harry Binswanger
      hb@xxxxxxxx