Re: Seamless XyWrite/Win7-64/XP mode

I think I've finally got it. What I did was this:
1. While in the full virtual machine, get everything configured using the Tame console GUI.
2. Only when satisfied with how everything looks, using Windows Explorer
copy the shortcut to the virtual's machine's All Users/Start
Menu/Applications (I think I have that path right, but whatever it is that
makes it "publish" to the host machine's All Programs/Windows XP
Mode/Windows XP Mode Applications)
3. Right click on the Xy4 shortcut and Send to Desktop (of the host Win 7
machine) as a shortcut.

4. If desired, drag the resulting desktop shortcut to the Quick Launch area.
I think that's all I did. And when I launch from the Quick Launch area, the resulting Xy4 is correct. If you then left-click on the Xy4 icon at the left of the window title bar, and pick User Preference Files/Browse User Preference Files, it will show you a window with a SavedOptions folder, inside of which is XyWrite[or Editor or whatever].pif.view.tam, and that's the operative one.

Whew!

Thanks, belatedly, to Jordan.

--Harry
First, credit where credit is due. Bill Troop found XP Mode- Pr-I've just publicized it.
Harry, TAME was also losing my settings. You need to manually edit
useroptions.tam (which I think is what solved that for me) or one of the
many other scattered app.tam files, or make a default app.tam file.
Useroptions.tam can be edited while XY is running with the left-click in
the upper left corner.

And sometimes it's still TAMEperamental.