RE: dragging files to Xy

> > What I would *like* to do is keep the files elsewhere and "point" to
> > them on the desktop. OS/2 does this with "shadow files", I think.
>
> In the folder on your desktop, right-click on the mouse, select "New ->
> Shortcut", then "Browse" through the file system to the file you want to
> mirror.

This is what I've ended up doing, but I can't drag the shortcut to
XyWrite. If I try it XyWrite opens the shortcut or link file rather than
the original. Of course if the original file has an extension that is
"registered" I can double click on it.  That's not bad, but it does
mean that I can't drag the file to a different editor (I use XyDOS 4,
xy III plus, xywin and winedt32 for the sake of variety.)

Myron