Re: re McAfee and Hansen virus.

Sherry writes:

> If I didn't open hansen.scr do I have to worry that my McAfee just
> didn't pick it up? Or am I safe?

If you didn't double-click it, you should be safe. Even if you opened it in
XyWrite to examine it, you're fine.

After reading some of the recent posts, I downloaded the infected alleged
screensaver and used F-Prot to eradicate it. F-Prot is a very good anti-virus
program, but could not disinfect the file without deleting it. I thought that
was interesting and worth noting here. So ... If McAfee or Norton or any
others say they can't disinfect a file, don't ever assume you can't simply
delete it to be rid of the nastiness it contains.

But after you execute it, activating the virus, you could have serious
problems. So don't!

yours for a virus-free world,
Jeff