Re: Xywrite for 64 bit Windows 7

Kari!! Thanks very much. Very much appreciated.

Yours in xyrite,

dudley

From: Kari Eveli
To: XyList
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 7:05 AM
Subject: Re: Xywrite for 64 bit Windows 7

>Virtual machines can be pretty easy and user-friendly. DOSBox is technical and difficult, but Virtual PC and Parallels (for Mac--does it exist for PC?) are much simpler and user-friendly.

I am most comfortable with MS Virtual PC 2007. The installation of the so-called Virtual machine additions makes the thing integrate with a modern Windows operating system. I use XP, but MS Virtual PC can be installed on newer operating systems as well. The Virtual machine additions installation batch file supplied by Microsoft is not compatible with DOS. However you can download a compatible version (http://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/dosadd.zip) from my site. Installation instructions are included in the zip file. My site contains links to files to download and background information for those willing to try this solution. Go to http://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/utility.html for more information.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx; ymailto="lexitec@xxxxxxxx