Re: Faxing from Xy/Dos

** Reply to note from jbesser@xxxxxxxx Mon, 27 Jan 97 15:31:35

> I hate to even mention the dread OS/2

Nonsense. OS/2 is superb. So is FaxWorks. Pay no mind! You upgraded from
Lite to Pro, right? Steve Crutchfield, if I haven't misread him, is assuming
Lite. With any recent version of FaxWorks Pro, you ought to have what
Keller calls the "PCL option", which means you can use the appropriate XyWrite
HP-LJ printer driver rather than the IBM-X24E.PRN (though I was happy with the
IBM for a couple of years, worked smoothly under XyWrite); they call it an
option but I think it's virtually an automatic bundle. The superior HP-LJ
results are worth the any extra $: really gorgeous faxes. David's
point is crucial; softfonts won't work, you must use a Speedo (I generally use
Dutch, i.e. UFDUTCH) under Xy4DOS. Remember to issue XyWrite
command SETP #, to select the fax print driver. before TYping.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx