NEW Keyboard problem Win8 ctrl caps lock etc SOLVED

I'm afraid I have a new problem. I hadn't tested how the new layout
(substituting caps lock for right ctrl instead of left ctrl) worked in
Xy4.

At first, I only got a space character (evidently) each time I tapped "New Ctrl". A glance at my keyboard file showed that, for some reason, I only had key 29 for Ctrl. Obviously I needed to add 99 as well.

That makes cursor movement (Wordstar-like) work, but also adds a space each time the "New Ctrl" key is pressed. Deleting 29 from the Ctrl definition doesn't help.

What can be wrong?

A baffling thing is that the new commands for top file and bottom file that I got from Carl a few days ago work perfectly in all these scenarios.

I loaded xy4.kbd. Then I reloaded my own keyboard.

All is now well.