Unzipping with ENHANCED dialogs

The unzip routine in the ENHANCED menus set unzips to the current directory.
If you use the dialog box to find a file to unzip, the dialog box will log onto
the subdirectory the zip file is in. This could be a source of confusion: how
do you, for instance, unzip a floppy? If you go strictly by what's available
in the dialog box, it looks like you have to unzip TO the floppy. Not very
likely if the floppy is already full!

It looks like PKUNZIP itself unzips only to the current drive; I haven't been
able to find documentation for putting in a subdirectory spec.

Solution 1: Copy the zip file to the place on your hard disk where you want to
unzip it. Then proceed with the dialog box.
Solution 2: Log onto the subdirectory where you want the unzipped files to
appear.  Then activate the dialog box and in the text box for the filename
type a:filename.zip, where filename.zip is the name of the zipped file and a:
is the floppy drive. This is the only way I can think of, by the way, to use
the ENHANCED menus to unzip a multi-floppy zipfile.

If you're zipping and unzipping with options for saving and recreating
directory structure, you'll have to rely on the PKZIP command line or a
third-party shell. I don't have plans to add that complication to my ENHANCED
menus.

Write me if you have any questions.

Tim Baehr
TBaehr@xxxxxxxx

Next version of ENHANCED menus will allow you to span diskettes when you create
a zipped file.