Re: faulty spell checker/dictionary?

Give her your copy of dict.spl to copy over hers.
 Also tell her to not save files that she accidentally opens and
that look funny.

On Jul 2, at 12:43 PM, Sacks, Avram wrote:

Hi, all. A colleague accidentally saved to her business.spl directory a misspelled word by hitting F5 when the spell checker stopped on a misspelled word. She asked me how to remove the misspelled word from her dictionary. After following my directions (see below), the spell checker now stops on practically every word in the file except small words like "a", "and", "the", and "of". I can't figure out what the problem is. Do you have any ideas? What I told my colleague to do was to open every .spl file in her c: \xy3 directory and look for the misspelled word and then delete it. She opened each of the following files: prfpers.spl, pers.spl, legal.spl, dict.spl, and business.spl. She also opened dict. Although she only made changes to the business.spl file, she stored each and every one of them when exiting out of each file, rather than executing "ab". To trouble shoot I did the following: 1. made sure that she had every file in c:\xy3 that I have (other than for unique printer and saveget files) - And, she does have every file. 2. Made sure that ;sp; appears at the top of each of the .spl files. 3. Made sure that she had all of the symbols in the dict file that I have in my dict file. She also did a cold reboot. Nothing works. Spell check still stops on nearly every word. I ran my own spell check on her file and it ran fine. What's going on? Is this fixable, or do I need to have her uninstall Xywrite and reload a fresh copy? We are both running XyWrite III Plus ver. 3.58B. Changing to another version of XyWrite is not an option, as this version is integrated with company processes. //Avi Avram L. Sacks Social Security Law Analyst 847-267-7110 Avram.Sacks@xxxxxxxx http://hr.cch.com/unemployment-insurance/CCH CCH Business Compliance Wolters Kluwer U.S. Corporation 2700 Lake Cook Road Riverwoods, IL 60015
David Auerbach Department of Philosophy & Religion Box 8103 Raleigh, NC 27695-8103 http:// slowfoodusa.org auerbach@xxxxxxxx http:// slowfoodtriangle.org