SAVE-GETS

 -> Nathan Sivin

NS-> I was mystified by your message about the save-get list in XY 4, since
 -> you didn't explain what the SD function (in v. 3.55?) does. If it
 -> shows a list of assignments in the current save-get set, that is done
 -> by a JM function, namely TMACRDEF, which there is no need to
 -> know about, since it is assigned to ^F2. Or does your neat little
 -> dialog (which I saved to study) do something else altogether?

I'm sorry--I forgot to say: SD is the Xy 3+ function to show a
list of save-gets. I use ALT-F2 while programming or editing to
check up on variables or inserts. Pity it was dropped.

In my own attempt to ease the transition from 3+ to 4, I use my
3+ keyboard file (a friend of many years). And a 3+ keyboard just
doesn't have the links to the DLG (with its macro help frames),
which I consequently don't use. So I'm "borrowing" what I can
from the large DLG (or stealing the good stuff).

I find the possibility of a custom DLG combined with XPLs very
promising. So I'm trying to figure them out aloud as feedback can
make all the difference between a successful XPL and a dud. (At
one point I was teaching Xy, and I also installed a couple of my
XPLs on each person's computer; for the most part, the XPLs ran
fine; but every so often a real surprise would occur.)

--Chet
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx