RE: Xy4 Setup

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Fri, 15 Jan 99 06:57:52 -0500

> The entry should be "sie sie." Then the cap. of the substitution will
> conform to the original's.

> -Rafe T.

That works too, of course; but the problematic thing about it -- I assume
these guys are talking Auto-Correct here, func AC -- is that each time you
type a common word, a *correction* is performed, and the damn thing beeps
at you. Even if it's a null correction! So I would far prefer to lodge a
single "sie" in SPL, which "accepts" rather than "corrects" the words
(no
beep), have the case rules obeyed, and have the rare "SIe" flagged
(beep) for manual intervention. After all, how often do you type "SHe" or
HEr"? Or did you intend SHE or HER, perhaps? The answers are
interesting, but the question seems quite frivolous.

However this may have worked in early versions of Xy3+, it seems
compromised by the fact that v3.55 introduced some fairly indispensable
new features to 3+, but also did away with Auto-Correct/Replace. Which,
to me, makes any argument for Xy3+ completely academic.

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx
---------